A major update for Arkfront (version 2.0) is launching this month and improves the experience in virtually every way. You can download Arkfront on the Apple App Store:
New Major Features:
- Boss Rush mode
- Battle Haptics
- New leaderboards
- Join the community Discord right from the main menu
- iCloud Save Syncing between devices is now supported
- UI Improvements
- Quality of life improvements
- Performance and bug fixes
- Bounties are a new way to take on side-quests and earn extra rewards. Each sector has a bounty associated with it and you must fulfill the requirements before the end of the sector to earn the rewards. A large pool of bounties are available from day 1, and more will be added in the summer 2021 update.
- Feel the action more intensely than ever before.
- Bullets and explosions now vibrate iPhone devices in a highly precise way.
- (This option is customizable from the Pause screen and the Options screen)
Boss Rush Mode:
- Battle bosses from the campaign one after another. How long can you survive?
- A new GameCenter leaderboard has been added to complement this.
- New multi-language support for the danger message when encountering a boss.
- It should no longer be possible to tap through parts of the UI into others.
- Added bounty display to the level intro.
Quality of Life Improvements:
- It is now possible to skip the intro cutscene and load into the game faster.
- A new Icons view is available from the Galactic Map and describes the icons in a new, easy to read way.
- It is now possible to join the community Discord server from the main menu. You can also join it earlier by clicking here.
- The odds of events and random drops happening have been improved.
- Now possible to play the game on your device upside down.
Bug Fixes and Performance:
- Switched to the latest version of the GameMaker engine which improves memory management.
- Improved the management of resources entering and leaving memory to reduce overall consumption and keep the game running for longer in the background.
- Significantly reduced CPU utilization should reduce heat and power consumption.
As part of this major update the price of Arkfront will rise from $2.99 to $3.99. If you like what you see, you can support Arkfront by buying it before this update is available.