Version 0.56 adds more content and polish to ARKFRONT as well as fixing bugs and improving performance.
- Added another new Outpost, the largest in the game.
- Added a system to dynamically select which Outpost is created.
- Added more animations to the Outpost with more idle animations added to turrets.
- Added more dynamic encounters with NPCs at Outposts.
- Expanded the Journal system. Enemies now have names and descriptions. These are “popped” onto the screen when the player first discovers them. You can now read more about enemies in the Menu -> Logs -> Journal.
- Saving and loading has been further simplified and improved.
Improvements and Fixes:
- Performed a major refactor to remove unneeded complexity from the code.
- Improved the Ion Cannon projectile type by removing increasing the fire delay and increasing the size of the particles used as the warning.
- Fixed minor issues with animation.
- Reduced RAM consumption by duplicating some assets across texture pages.
- Game now loads content dynamically from easy to localize spreadsheet files.
- Reduced the size of the ARKFRONT logo to reduce texture page utilization and prevent swaps, should decrease GPU load and speed up the game on older devices.
- Fixed some draw depth problems in the menu system.
- Improved spacing around enemy descriptions in the overlay.
- Enemy descriptions have been improved.
- Incremented version number from 0.50 to 0.56.